My social media ETIQUETTE.
Rules I try and follow (although I’m not perfect).
1. Only what I’d say in person - If I wouldn’t say it to your face, I don’t say it from behind the screen. And I sure as heck don’t say mean things to strangers or try and hide behind a fake profile or email.
2. I look for the positive – I try and post almost all my material in a positive spirit or with things I believe might help people.
3. I don’t look for a fight – I don’t scroll social media looking for things to disagree about, fight about or debate on.
4. When someone disagrees – If someone puts a comment on a post I make that disagrees with me, or is trying to pick a fight, I simply thank them for the engagement and their time and move on.
5. I turn it off when it pisses me off – If I find myself looking at a few things that are starting to irritate me, I put it down, turn it off or change the channel.
6. Business vs. Personal – I try really hard to get personal and talk about other things besides pitching Recruiting Firm Riderflex constantly.